Avail the KC Mahindra Scholarship for PG Studies Abroad
In this article, students will learn more about the benefits that the KC Mahindra scholarship offers. Explore the different criteria that explain how they can avail them by connecting with Gradding.com professionals.
Kailash Chandra, or KC Mahindra, founded the KC Mahindra Education Trust in 1953. This was established to impart quality education and promote literacy in the country. To achieve this motive, the trust has provided interest-free student loan scholarships since 1956. The trust is now handled by Sheetal Mehta since the year 2002. The KC Mahindra Scholarship was the first funding initiative started by the trust. This is provided yearly to help students who wish to pursue postgraduate studies in universities abroad.
What Does Loan Scholarship Mean?
Loan Scholarships, by the word itself, means that it is the combination of loans as well as scholarships. This means that students can avail benefits of both. These can be with interest and without interest. This is to note that the KC Mahindra scholarship benefits are provided to students interest-free and fully funded. This implies that students are just liable to pay the amount they have received and not the interest part.
These are offered to high-calibre students who cannot afford the expenses incurred in their higher education. Some of the examples of scholarships provided in India include:
- J.N. Tata Endowment
- KC MahindraEducation Trust
- Tata Trusts
- National Overseas Scholarship
Hence, Indian students are provided with the golden chance to secure scholarships even before going abroad. It is not necessary to win grants from universities they apply for. They can also apply in India, leverage their benefits, and enjoy fee reductions in their study abroad journey.
Elements of KC Mahindra Scholarship
The scholarships offered are provided to needy students but on a merit basis. Let’s have a look at what financial benefits postgraduate students can enjoy abroad.
- The top 3 KC Mahindrafellows are awarded a maximum amount of Rs. 10 Lakh.
- The remaining scholars can win the amount of Rs. 5 Lakhs per person.
- The scholarship amount is only granted once.
- Students must repay the loan, excluding the interest, once their course is
- The candidates must give a guarantor when applying for the loan scholarship.
- The KCMahindra education trust scholarship has no bond in terms of work i,e, the students can work in any company based on their preference and job offer.
How to Know If You Are Eligible for KC Mahindra Scholarship?
Every exam, scholarship, and grant has several eligibility criteria. Since a huge amount is being offered to help students, therefore supporting students who actually need it is the aim. It is also important to note that the recipients must also exhibit exceptional skills required to be enrolled in a post-graduate abroad. Let’s see the pointers that can help you know the KC Mahindra scholarship eligibility.
- Applicants must be an Indian resident
- The students must have received a first-class degree from a recognised university
- The scholars must have secured admission to foreign universities.
- The postgraduate programs they wish to pursue should start in August 2023 and should not be extended till February 2024.
- Students must have an exceptional academic background.
Note: Students who wish to go for an undergraduate degree or attend workshops and seminars are not eligible to apply. They cannot avail themselves of the benefits of the KC Mahindra scholarship.
Application Process & Documents Needed for KC Mahindra Scholarship
The application process is not that difficult for this scholarship once you are eligible. It is vital to qualify in all the eligibility points so that there are no discrepancies and no room for application rejection. Let’s see how an eligible student can apply for the KC Mahindra scholarship online apply.
- All the candidates must first visit the official website https://www.kcmet.org/index.aspxand click on the ‘Apply Now’ button.
- They must then register by entering all their relevant details and click on submit. This will give them their credentials, i.e. the login ID and the password.
- The students can visit the KC Mahindrascholarship tab and then apply and create an account.
- After the account is created, fill in the necessary details with documents and click on submit.
In this way, you can submit your scholarship application online. Let’s now see the list of mandatory documents which must be attached to the kcmet scholarship form.
- University Admission Letter
- Letter of Recommendation (on the letterhead of the institute)
- Statement of Purpose (this should include general aptitude, type of course and ambitions in life)
- Rank Certificate
- GRE/GMAT Scores
- IELTS/TOEFL Qualifying Certificates
- Academic Degrees Transcripts
- 10th & 12th Marksheets
- School Leaving Certificate
- Updated CV
- Age Evidence (Passport/Aadhar)
In case the authorities find any discrepant or fraudulent documents provided by the candidate, the application will be rejected and revoked.
KC Mahindra Scholarship Selection Criteria
The scholarships are not that easy to score, but students can work hard consistently till the time they secure one. The students are evaluated throughout the process by the panel authorities. In order to be selected, students should be eligible, have accurate documents, and pass the interviews. Students who have earned these Mahindra finance scholarship are pursuing courses such as Computer Science, Mechanical and Electrical Engineering, Robotics, Arts and Design, Law, Public Policy, MBA, Architecture, and Economics. The selection of the candidates is done keeping in mind certain aspects like:
- Academic Grades
- Reasoning Skills
- Generic Aptitude
- Financial Condition
- Life goals and ambitions
The applications for the year 2023 are now closed. The last chance to apply for the KC Mahindra scholarship in the 2023-24 session was on 10th April 2023 at 5 PM IST.
Win Scholarships for the Next Session with Us
Winning a scholarship is pretty challenging, and that too when you are struggling on your own. But students who wish to go abroad to pursue their post-graduation do not need to worry. We have got you covered. Gradding.com gives its students an opportunity to explore the all-inclusive platform where they get all the solutions and services in one place. Our professionals can help you score the KC Mahindra scholarship for 2024 by easing up the process. Some of the benefits that you can enjoy with us are:
- Personalised Discussions
- Upgrading Skills
- Timely Form Filling
- Interview Preparation
- Make Impressive Applications
- Consistent Training Sessions
Students wishing to pursue postgraduate overseas always look for scholarships that are full-funded by sponsors or the Government. This is because of the high costs and expenses, which makes it a costly affair. For this reason, they are several scholarships that students can win in India, which makes it easier for them to manage their expenses and budget in foreign countries.
Overall, we can say that winning the KC Mahindra scholarship is a good start in shaping your career. It not only helps in funding your courses but also gives you a sense of confidence that you have the calibre to get scholarships from reputed sponsors. If a student has completed their degrees with scholarships, it also creates a positive impact on their resume as well as the employers. This helps them get better job opportunities in foreign countries which enhances their career and personality skills.
So what are you waiting for? This is the best time for you to start preparing for the KC Mahindra Scholarship for the 2024-25 session with Gradding.com. Our experts are waiting to help you achieve your dream of pursuing postgraduate degrees from your favourite universities overseas.
“So we know that it’s not enough for us to simply encourage more people to study abroad. We also need to make sure that they can actually afford it.”- Michelle Obama