Hungary Visa for Indian Students: A Complete Guide
If you want to get admission in top universities of Hungary, you must check out this blog of Gradding.com. The purpose of writing this blog is to provide information about study visa in Hungary.
As a student, it can be your dream of studying abroad. There is no doubt in the statement that Hungary is one of the best countries in the world to study abroad. So, if you plan to get admission to the top universities of this country, you must know about Hungry visa for Indians. Thus, getting a visa is not like eating a piece of cake, but if you sincerely want to get admission to these universities, you can get help from our platform, Gradding.com. You do not need to worry much because, in this blog, we will provide complete details about student visa Hungary.
Hungary Student Visa Requirements
International or Indian students who wish to stay in Hungary for more than 90 days and who are not EU nationals must apply for a long-term Hungary student visa.
Student visa requirements for Hungary depend upon several factors. Therefore, knowing the admission laws that apply to your home country well in advance is vital. You must first get an offer from a Hungarian university in order to obtain a student visa for Hungary. You can only apply for a visa before leaving the Hungarian Consulate or Embassy in your state or country of permanent residence. Hungary visa for Indians usually takes one month to process, but it could take longer, so apply as soon as possible.
The following documents are necessary for your student visa to Hungary:
- Proof of payment of the tuition charge
- A letter of acceptance from the university regarding your admission
- Passport must be valid for at least six months beyond the entrance date. A copy of your passport's photograph page is required.
- Passport photo must be not older than six months.
- Evidence of health insurance
- Proof of residence or address in Hungary
- Bank assurance/statement demonstrating sufficient funds to cover living expenses
- 3 stamped envelopes addressed to the Visa application form
- Because appointment times are limited, you may need to book an appointment with the consulates 4 to 6 weeks in advance. The visa processing time usually takes 1 to 4 weeks after the appointment.
Because appointment times are limited, you may need to book an appointment with the consulate 4 to 6 weeks in advance. The Hungary visa for Indians processing time usually takes an extra 1 to 4 weeks after the appointment.
You must apply for a residence permit within 15 days after arriving in Hungary. This applies to EU and non-EU citizens wishing to spend over 90 days in Hungary.
EU and EEA individuals must submit the following documents when applying for a residence permit:
- Proof of tuition fee payment
- Document of approval from the host university in Hungary
- Evidence of health insurance
Residence & Movement in Hungary
Right to Free Movement and Residence in Hungary
Right of admission and residence for a maximum of 90 days
Citizens of the EEA (EU plus Norway, Iceland, and Liechtenstein) and Switzerland may enter Hungary with a valid travel document. They may stay for up to 90 days from the date of admission.
Family members of the citizens above who are citizens of third countries and family members of a Hungary citizen or an EEA citizen may visit Hungary with a valid travel document and visa unless otherwise prescribed by any directly applicable EU legislation.
Residence for a term of more than three months
Students from the European Economic Area (EEA) can stay in Hungary for over three months if they are enrolled in an accredited study. Such students must register with the regional directorate of the National Directorate-General for Aliens Policing within ninety-three days after their arrival. Students should be able to produce a certificate of admission issued by the educational institution or any other document to verify their student status while registering. The registration certificate is valid with a valid travel document or personal ID and has no expiration date.
Students' spouses and children who meet the qualifications above will be eligible.
Nationals of Third Countries (non-EU & EEA citizens)
Third-country nationals must have a student visa Hungary to enter Hungary's territory and to stay for up to 90 days during 180 days if they are from a country subject to visa requirements under the Schengen acquis. It is worth checking to see if your nation has a bilateral agreement with Hungary because, in this situation, a visa is not required. The visa application must be filed to the Hungarian Consulate in the country of the applicant's permanent or temporary residence or the country of the applicant's nationality.
Do You Need Counselling to Study in Hungary?If you want a counselling session from an expert to study in Hungary, you can connect us on Gradding.com. Call Us Now!
How to Get a Hungary Visa for Indians?
The application for a Hungary Student visa is completed in four simple steps:
- Accept an invitation from a university in Hungary. Only Hungary students enrolled in higher education institutions can apply for a student visa. You can apply for Hungary student visa after obtaining your acceptance letter and invitation.
- Schedule an appointment. Make an appointment with the nearest Hungarian embassy or consulate to obtain your student visa. You can schedule an appointment three months before your trip to Hungary.
- Finish the application procedures. Fill out the application form and attach any necessary documentation.
- Receive a response. Wait for the embassy's response to your visa application. The embassy will usually notify you via SMS or mail system.
Hungary Visa Processing Time
Hungary's Migration Department is in charge of deciding on your visa application. The application evaluation procedure could take anywhere from two weeks to a month. Six months before the trip, you can apply for a visa.
A Hungarian student visa is valid for the duration of your academic programme. If you want to stay after your student visa ends, you can start looking for work and apply for a work permit.
Post Duties after Hungary Student Visa
- When you arrive in Hungary and you get Hungary student visa success rate, you can stay in your university's dorm. However, if the institution does not offer you a place to live, you must hunt for a rental.
- It is recommended that you obtain a Hungarian telephone number from one of the network service providers.
- You must also register with the Office of Immigration and Nationality's regional directorate within 93 days and save a duplicate copy of the accommodation registration form as proof of compliance.
- As a student enrolled in a higher education institution, you are also entitled to free medical treatment.
Health Insurance for Scholars in Hungary
The National Health Insurance Fund (NHIF) is in charge of funding Hungary's healthcare system. Students and educational institutions, among other organizations sponsored by the NHIF, are covered by health insurance.
The National Health Insurance Fund covers all the following medical services:
- Medicines and medical consumables
- Dental and ophthalmologist services
- Inpatient care services
- Surgical services
- Medical and orthopaedics appliances
- Rehabilitative services.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Work There with a Hungary Student Visa?
Yes, you can work in Hungary while on Hungary student visa. EU students are free to work in Hungary. However non-EU international students must seek a permit.
Students from third countries with a study permit can work full-time throughout their studies for a maximum of 24 hours per week and outside their study term for a maximum of 90 days or 66 working days each year.
Can I Take My Family along with Me?
If you want to bring family members to Hungary, they must apply for and acquire a family visa. They can enter the nation once they have received the family visa.
How Long Can I Stay in Hungary after Completing My Graduation?
Students who wish to remain in Hungary after graduating from a Hungarian university may apply for a residence visa for job hunting or entrepreneurship. The application must be submitted 15 days before the expiration of your study visa. This form of residence for job searching is only valid for nine months and cannot be extended. You have nine months to look for work and apply for a work visa and a residence permit to work.
In Light of These Facts
Lastly, studying in Malta is not so complex. The primary problem students face while getting admission to Malta's universities is that they do not have student visa for Hungary from India. In such cases, you can get help from our experts on Gradding.com or read this blog to know its gist. The primary purpose of publishing this blog is to provide the best guide for the students to understand the visa process in this country. So, it is all clear that Hungary visa for Indians is strictly required if they are planning to get admission to the top-notch universities of Hungary. In the end, we hope that you will get the chance to study in Hungary to live your desired life in the future.